The School of Geology, Energy & the Environment at TCU offers diverse undergraduate and graduate programs representing our major programs. These include undergraduate and graduate degrees in geology and environmental science, an undergraduate degree in applied geoscience, and a graduate degree in environmental management.
Degrees and Certificates offered:
In addition to varied degree options, the SGEE offers certificates in specific areas of study. Each certificate is obtained by completing 12 hours of coursework from a list of approved courses, plus one hour of presentations (ENSC40001) for a total of 13 hours.
- Sustainability – for those looking at water, energy and natural resource management
- Environmental Management – for those seeking an environmental consulting or compliance career.
- GIS – for those seeking careers heavily focused on GIS
- Water Science – for those interested in surface water quality, hydrology, groundwater and wetlands
- Geoscience Fundamentals – for those pursuing their geoscientist-in-training (G-I-T) license in the state of Texas, that ultimately leads to your professional geoscientist (PG) license.
Please choose the appropriate subpage on the right to investigate your areas of interest and to see where our faculty work, to read about research opportunities and our facilities, or to see what kind student organizations are active within the School.